Naked Pools and its subsidiaries recognise that your personal information is important to you and that you are concerned with its collection, use and disclosure. Naked Pools, like other companies operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which set clear standards regarding these activities. Naked Pool’s policy on the collection, use and disclosure of customer personal information is set out below.
Why does Naked Pools collect Personal Information?
- The personal information you provide to Naked Pools may be collected, used and disclosed for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- providing you with products and/or services requested;
- dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities;
- marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products;
- developing and improving our products and services;
- in connection with our loyalty or reward programmes and competitions;
- payment processing;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- processing orders or reconciling payments due to Naked Pools from suppliers in relation to goods or services provided to you by those suppliers; and
- purposes relating to any third-party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Naked Pools or its assets.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with the goods and services that you want or carry on the other activities set out above.
What Personal Information do Naked Pools collect?
- The type of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- payment information;
- transaction information;
- your username and password;
- information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) where we require these to verify your identity;
- information on how you use our products and services;
- your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites;
- your Username for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, our goods and services; and
- personal preferences regarding products and services.
How does Naked Pools collect your personal information?
- we collect personal information in a number of ways including:
- when you order goods or services from us (either online or over the telephone);
- when you set up an account with us;
- when you purchase certain products or extended warranties from us;
- when you buy goods on lay-by or “duty-free” goods;
- when you pay for goods by cheque;
- when you subscribe to our catalogues or mailing lists or those of certain partners of ours.
- when you subscribe to the Naked Pools App’ or another Naked Pools subscription service;
- when you enter competitions or promotions that we run;
- when you provide us your details for customer care purposes;
- when you complete surveys or provide online feedback or product reviews;
- when you publicly comment about us on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products).
Naked Pools also holds information, collected incidentally, concerning individuals who work for companies or organisations that have a business relationship with Naked Pools.
Marketing: When you create an account, order or purchase with us your details will be added to our mailing list to receive information relating to Naked Pools and our products. You may also choose to receive such information by subscribing to our mailing list. To opt-out of receiving Naked Pools marketing materials, you will need to unsubscribe. To do this, simply select the “unsubscribe” option in one of the messages that you receive from us. Please note that if you have an account with Naked Pool, we may still need to send you essential information about your account.
Sharing your Personal Information. Naked Pools may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- our service providers who assist us in providing our services, payment processing, administration, archival, data storage, research, mail and delivery, marketing, auditing, consulting, financial and legal advisory, banking, security or technical services. In some cases these service providers may collect your personal information on our behalf;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention, investigation and prosecution of criminal activities;
- parties involved in any third-party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Naked Pools or its assets; and
- to other third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of information to these third parties.
Personal Information Collected on behalf of other parties.
- Naked Pools may collect information about you on behalf of third parties. For example,
- information collected for Telstra if you wish to enter into a contract with Telstra; or
- information collected for finance providers such as Rentsmart, HSBC Consumer Finance and GE Money Australia.
In these cases the documentation that you sign will set out how the Personal Information that you provide will be used by these third parties and the privacy policies of the third parties will apply. Naked Pools may also receive personal information or documents about you from these third parties where necessary in connection with the provision of goods or services by Naked Pools.
Security of your Personal Information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to access your Personal Information. Upon your request, Naked Pools will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, use and disclose that information. Upon your request, Naked Pools will provide access to your personal information that we hold (except in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Law). Naked Pools reserves the right to charge you an administration fee of $AUD 25 for providing access to your personal information and will, of course, require some proof of your identify before providing information to you.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that personal information depends to a large extent on the information you provide to us. To help ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you, we ask that you:
- let us know if you become aware of any errors in the personal information that we hold about you; and
- inform us of changes to your personal information, such as changes to your name or address or other contact details, using the contact details set out at the end of this Statement. In addition:
- if you are a subscriber to our mailing list you can also update your details via the “unsubscribe” option in one of the emails that you receive from us;
- if you subscribe to one of our services such as the Naked App’ you can also update your details via that service.